Our BIG move

This is my diary of our new life in New Zealand up to 2011 when we moved to QLD to be near our grandchildren...

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Long time No Post...

Hi all

I havent posted for a long while so I thought I would write a brief post about what we have been up to

the biggy is we moved to Queensland, most friends realised this was probably going to happen since I was involved with the grand kids a lot and would eventually miss them more and more...

This is Lilly being a Diva in her lovely dress from NEXT DIRECT UK ;)  can't beat Next thank goodness they deliver to Australia LOL

So when we returned from our trip in June I missed the kids more and more, I was finding riding and looking after the horses harder, with my leg and old injuries flaring up and preventing me riding like I wanted to, it took me 3 times as long to deal with mucking out over winter than the year before, so I knew I had to re-think our lifestyle.
Then we were invited to spend Christmas 2011 with Rachel and Richard and the kids, they told us to really think about moving over as there were more job opportunities for us than  there were in Invercargill at that time...

Rob was not sure about working in the heat, but I was more keen as saying good bye at the airport in June was terrible.

So while we were over there Rob applied for a few jobs... and blow me down he was selected for one of the first he applied for... this ended with him staying in QLD and me returning home by myself.

I packed up and sold off our furniture, put our house up for sale, shipped of our worldly posessions and headed back...

THE hardest part was finding homes for the animals.

Luckily I found good homes for all of our horses, and I keep in touch with them on facebook etc.
The cats all went to the same home, which was a bit of a surprise, but a welcome bonus... so they went from one farm to another just a bit further inland near Otautau.

Rachel sent Bay - her horse to Queensland but has found the summer heat very hard going for horses, so she isnt riding as much as she hoped too, she looks forward to winter (or is that the other way around!!! QLD weather terminology baffles me)  but the cooler months of  March onwards are what she is looking forward too.

So our life in New Zealand/Southand Came to an end... for now,  as who knows where we will be in a few years time.

I miss NZ loads, the landscape, the people... But for now our location is in QLD, and I am enjoying being with my grandkids as they grow up... after all they stay small for such a short time nowadays, I mean I can't believe Lilly is 3 in April!!!!!!! and Cole turned 7 a few weeks ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home