Our BIG move

This is my diary of our new life in New Zealand up to 2011 when we moved to QLD to be near our grandchildren...

Sunday, July 23, 2006

FIRST WEEK

Well a week has gone by, the weather has been typical, you have 2 days off...and it rains!

OK it only rained for a while yesterday, and it looks as if the suns popping out now..yes there it is!

it came too late, it rained at night and once again the riding has been called off! thats 2 times in a row...looks as if it will be spring by the time I get on a horse!

The weeks training went well, Jan left on friday, after having a sendoff in the Smoko (canteen) and the boss bought 3 cases of beer and a bottle of red wine (ah he has good taste in wine!!)

when there was only me Jan and one of the guys left...we went to the pub, and picked up Rob on the way, the pubs at the end of the street, but its at least a 10 min walk, so we drove and left the car there till morning. I think Jan enjoyed herself, and I think Rob was pleased that we invited him....but I had a hangover in the morning...my first in NZ!...well i had a headache anyway! that will teach me to mix wine and beers!

Well I am off to have some breakfast, and then we will go do something with the rest of our Sunday.

Both back to work now...so it feels like we have got back to normal life....shame the lottery win didnt come ...It would be nice not to work! ha ha

Kat

1 Comments:

  • At 9:29 pm, Blogger katsblog said…

    your welcome Brian, wow, Las Vegas, I can definately say there wont be so many lights thats for certain.

    I am working for the parks department and I am learning more and more about what the council does to keep the city parks and reserves well kept, and its a full time job thats for sure, and unfortunately you still get vandalism from the riff raff! although you can't buy liqour from a supermarket! they still seem to get hold of it!

    I am enjoying visiting the different sights but now its just the weekends!

    good luck on your plans for NZ

    Kat

     

Post a Comment

<< Home