Our BIG move

This is my diary of our new life in New Zealand up to 2011 when we moved to QLD to be near our grandchildren...

Saturday, April 14, 2007

YEE HA - RAWHIDE!!!!!!!!!!!

Today was not as windy as predicted so the Cattle muster was going ahead, its been a blustery day, with occasional rain and Rainbows


This is a panoramic view of a rainbow from our front gate.....its 4 pictures in one....





We rode to the beaches on Andy's property and looked for the cattle to bring back to the yard.

















We found them all hiding in sand dunes sheltering fron the wind and rain






























we herded them through to the fenced paddocks, we even saw some Deer and some stray sheep...but thats for another days mustering - Yippee, I always wanted to be a cowgirl! now I got my wish, I rode one of Andys horses, his names Dimmer (yep silly name) but he was a bril ride, and I am going to see if Andy will let me try him out in view to buying him for me to ride on the cavalcades next year.




there were rainbows popping up everywhere too, beautiful wild country....I had ace fun. and we went back to the yard for Beers and BBQ after the horses were sorted.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:18 pm, Blogger Helen Leggatt said…

    Stunning, Kat, just stunning - your dream came true too - what more could you want! Keep it coming!
    Helen
    x

     

Post a Comment

<< Home