Our BIG move

This is my diary of our new life in New Zealand up to 2011 when we moved to QLD to be near our grandchildren...

Thursday, December 14, 2006

A nice romantic evening drive.........


Well, me and Rob needed to get out of the house and get away from the Kids...

we decided to drive the quad over the riverbed, as the tide was out.....NOW I was a bit hesitant about this as We had to pull Jordon out when he got his bike stuck half way in some quagmire......

Well we went and got stuck.....

We rang Jordon and he came out in the 4x4.....that got stuck....16Min's later we got that free, we then spent the next 2 hrs trying to get the quad out - waist deep in smelly black mud!

We then got it free......for Jason to drive it straight into another bog!

So another 45Min's later we got it free...then built a bridge of logs and brush to get it over, and we finally got home...and had to Jet wash the whole thing down...along with all our clothes and shoes.

you can see from the dejected picture of me it was NOT the relaxing time I was expecting, and I am definitely NOT driving on the river bed anymore, no matter what the locals say about it being OK!!!!!

boy I am shattered now, Shame I didn't take a pic of Jordon doing a evil Knievel stunt over the bridge that we made...but I was too distracted by the thought of it getting stuck again

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home