Our BIG move

This is my diary of our new life in New Zealand up to 2011 when we moved to QLD to be near our grandchildren...

Friday, August 25, 2006

My first NZ Show Jumping Lesson!

well I had my first show jumping lesson in ....&%years! not telling how many, but its in the double figures!

I was a little nervous, as you'd expect but Gonzo Jumped everything, but got a bit excitable as I was apparently sending vibes for him to "go for it" but was holding him back...to solve the problem the Instructor - Fergus, made me jump with my eyes closed!...well it worked, Gonzo jumped perfectly.

On the second day, I had hopefully left my "electric bum" at home and we did do better, a couple of times he got excited but I relaxed and we both settled into the lesson.

I did bounces, trebles, spreads and uprights, it was fun, I really enjoyed it, and hopefully the next lessons I can take my own horse!

No photos....as the resident photographer was riding the horse!

Rob had a good time sunday too, he went off with the boys....riding the trials bikes on Oreti beaches sand dunes, and having a blast.....apparently the next item on the shopping list is a bike of his own, and Rob and Roger are on a mission to get him sorted out with one before we go to Cromwell in October.....Yes I can see it now... oh they said I needed to get 3 extra jobs to pay for the toys they are planning to buy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home