Our BIG move

This is my diary of our new life in New Zealand up to 2011 when we moved to QLD to be near our grandchildren...

Saturday, August 05, 2006

What a difference 2 weeks makes!

Well I haven't posted for 2 weeks, as I have been busy, with work - the picture below is the Smoko room (Canteen) and on my first friday night, its beers before hometime!, well this was actually a Shout - which was to send off Jan to her new Job, and the boss paid for the beers...(you can see a few emptys) we went onto the pub after, collecting Rob on route! I woke Saturday and at the finally the sun decided to come out for the weekend!Here are 3 of the gardeners....they'd never seen a camera phone as snazzy as mine!

Yes after getting 2 weeks of rain first thing, the sun appeared for 2 weekends in a row (fingers crossed for more!) So I have managed to finally get riding, both last saturday and again today.

I rode Gonzo which is Nicloa's (my new friend who I met at the Invercargill MAF office) Horse, and she rode her youngster, who she affectionately calls bucky nickers, as he has a tendancy to buck when he gets excited. But he was a good boy when we were riding out together.









We had a great ride, and Nicolas 2 dogs joined us too, and I couldn't wait for next Saturday, as it was one of the girls in the riding clubs, birthday so we were all meeting up for a picnic ride.


This friday (last night) I invited Nicola and her partner Rob over for dinner, cooked Chicken Cashew (thanks for my recipe book Rachel its the best chinese cook book - so simple to follow)

We all had a great evening, the two Robs got on ~(Always a bonus!) and me and Nic, discussed horses, houses and land...oh and sheep!

So this morning Igot up early, 10 degrees, BLUE BLUE skies, went riding at Sandy point reserve, Bush, Forest and Beach....ACE! had birthday picnic, sat on the horse box ramp then got back home at 1.30pm the temp said ....27 degrees!!!!!

http://www.southlandnz.com/sections...ngillbluff/1432

this is a link to a trek centre, the picture of the beach is where I was riding!

So we have just got back from a nice tour around Anderson Park ...see link, as I have run out of broadband and I am on SLOW speed till the 13th..wahhhh!

http://www.southlandnz.com/sections...ngillbluff/1414

still sunny outside, just come home and stuck some more washing out to dry.

and its forcast sunny tomorrow too....Yes!......Now where can we go visit.......Bye, I am off to google Southland and find somewhere to go explore tomorrow.

till next time....Kat

1 Comments:

  • At 9:07 pm, Blogger katsblog said…

    Rach, I am glad you had a good ride, love you - big carrot & kiss to Pigy...no horse beats him!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home