Our BIG move

This is my diary of our new life in New Zealand up to 2011 when we moved to QLD to be near our grandchildren...

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Update from Casa Smith

Well we have been in our house for 36 days now and I feel like I haven't sat down since!

I have been busy trying to make it into a home, so the bank balance is getting lower and the boxes of our stuff are slowly being emptied.

Jason wasn't happy in his room near the conservertory so I am busy stripping the horrid pink wallpaper and the subsequent layers dating back to the first owners I think, and its taking forever - but I can't rush it as the walls arn't plastered, they only caulk the joins (going to paint it first before re-wallpapering) So there is a barrier between it and the paper....NOT that I plan re-wallpapering it in the next 50 yrs!!!
Anyway, I promised some photos of the inside, so see below and I also added a picture of the 'Ugly Duck'......any name suggestions as we keep calling him Duckie at the minute.


Heres a Pic of Robs Car, and the Chooks at dawn (when I am getting up to feed the menagerie and get Robs Packup done for work...and his breckie too!)



Oscar likes to find the good spots in the daytime, so thats either on a sunny patch or Jasons Bed, watching him on his XBox360!

And finally heres the pictures of the kitchen/dining area and Lounge....I was going to clean it up and take some 'house & garden' style shots.......but Hey I am too busy so you get it Kiwi style/as is (at least I took the undies off the dryer!(a handy item that the previous owner made...Rob needs to streamline it as it tends to slip as he just knotted the ropes, and they come loose - the previous owner was NOT good at DIY...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home