Our BIG move

This is my diary of our new life in New Zealand up to 2011 when we moved to QLD to be near our grandchildren...

Saturday, October 28, 2006

October Update

Hi all, I haven't posted much since moving into the farm, mainly because of the crap Woosh broadband connection! - I get fed up with the slow connection - But lets not get onto that subject as it really annoy's me!!!

October has been a very busy month, as well as the last weeks of September.....when the boys arrived I never realised that I would be so busy - I am up at dawn and stay up till late, and thats a normal day, if I am doing any computer stuff such as this it can be later.

The boys have been good, but they are finding it boring with me and their dad at work all the time.

Jordon has started work now - hes on his second week, and he is enjoying it - thank God!

He works for a company called Wilson Bros, they are based in town, and they actually do some work for the Parks Department, so I know that they are a good firm and they treat their workers fairly, he has also passed his theory test for his NZ drivers licence, and we are waiting to hear back from them if he can get a restricted licence ASAP rather than waiting 6mths, as he needs to drive at work.

Jason decided he didn't want to go to school, he wants an apprenticeship too, but unfortunately the next course at the institute is February, so that has left him at home alone, with the sheep, horses and poultry for company!
I have enquired at work to see if he can get a job with the Parks Dept till college starts, so fingers crossed everyone!

I had my first NZ birthday, it was a quiet one, but I knew we had our weekend in Queenstown to look forward to at the weekend....so watch this space......oh and thanks for all the birthday cards, pressies etc, they were loverly.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home