Our BIG move

This is my diary of our new life in New Zealand up to 2011 when we moved to QLD to be near our grandchildren...

Saturday, September 01, 2007

two new arrivals

I finally got in early enough to get a horse that was on my budget so we travelled on Saturday afternoon to Haldane in the Catlins.... the views on this farm were awsome. Bush on oneside, the sea to the right.













This is the view of the BBQ and bush covered hills, and then theres the sea over the paddock.


(15 others were on a waiting list and offered more money!) but Diane & Roger said I had first dibs - so Keona Boy is mine (I paid for him on the Sunday as I forgot my cheque book! oops - there you go - Southland hospitality, they let me take him home and said post a cheque! but I drove back on the Sunday instead, the drive is a very scenic one, so we didn't mind.












we hired a float to get him home, and Rob took measurements - to build one for me!


it wasnt that great, but it was ok, mine will be betterWe hit a bit of a traffic Jam on the way home,

the sheep looked like they were about to drop lambs on the road so we slowly drove through them, there were sheep for about 2kms.

we went through 4 mobs of them.
but they all look alike so I put one pic up Free Smilies and GlittersFree Smilies and GlittersFree Smilies and Glitters







Heres a picture of home, its Bluff hill in the distance, we were about an hour away by road - they are very twisty.



Here he is looking at his new home (excuse my horrid dress sense - I've been in NZ too long that I don't give a fig what I wear! - At least I haven't started going to the shops in my PJ's and slippers!

On the sunday morning we went to check out the 4yr old (Harrys Boy - BOY they use BOY alot in horse names don't they!!!www.thesmilies.com
that was taking a one way trip to the cannery if we didn't take him, I thought - what the heck, even if he's not much of a ride - I can find him a home once he's broken to a saddle. (hes just raced on the track with a sulky cart)

he was busy looking at the other horses when he was in the stable.

he looks sweet enough, hes definately too skinny so he is on a weight gain program and has Jasmines rug until his arrives in the post (the other 3 are rugless so I am hoping the weather stays mild)

here he is waiting for me to feed them after work














Heres Jasmine & Jesterdale waiting for their tea... the Farrier is coming Saturday, and I have ordered a new saddle, I will be busy thats for sure

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home