Our BIG move

This is my diary of our new life in New Zealand up to 2011 when we moved to QLD to be near our grandchildren...

Thursday, August 02, 2007


Two weeks into my new Job and things are still on easy cruise speed. I am trying to get used to this and work slower, but it is hard after working in the UK and also my last job of many hats!

The sky is blue again – 2 days running, and after a very soggy period it was most welcome. Yesterday I went for a walk before tea with Rob, just down our road to the Bluff Estuary, but it was a nice evening, no wind, calm sea and no one around as usual!

I hope the weather lasts for the weekend, it would be nice to get out somewhere for a change, Although I still have a mountain of ironing The mountain could stay there undetected for a long time since its mostly what I used to wear to work! (god bless Work uniforms and laundry service!!!) and I sincerely doubt I will be going out anywhere where I will need to wear anything considered smart! I suppose I could wear a skirt to the shops – But since you can see people walking around in slippers and sweat pants, I have stopped bothering to get dressed up, I wear sweatpants & jumpers most of the time/or Jodhpurs if I am planning on riding.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home