Our BIG move

This is my diary of our new life in New Zealand up to 2011 when we moved to QLD to be near our grandchildren...

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Surf to City 2008


Well I survived!,

I walked 11.5km in 2 hours..... here are some photos..

The gang... from the left ...

Kerry, Rose, (Karen at the back of Rose and Kerry) then Jeannene, Me, Judy, and Kerry's sister who works as a radiographer in Ireland, and was over for her annual trip home.







The cyclists set off first, then the runners and then the walkers - I tried to keep up with Judy but after half an hour I slowed down a bit... boy she can power walk!, but I was only 3 minutes behind her at the end.




My official time was 2 hours and 2.47 minutes - I put 2hrs 3mins on the certificate!

Off to have a glass of wine and rest my feet now..............

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home