Our BIG move

This is my diary of our new life in New Zealand up to 2011 when we moved to QLD to be near our grandchildren...

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Rachel riding Doc


this is a video I took of Rachel riding Doc who is Bill's horse
he is 3/4 TB and 1/4 Warmblood.

this was taken in July.

the indoor school is the Riding for Disabled indoor school, we have a key that costs $70 a year and we can book and use the school when we wish, $4 hr for the Lights if its Dark.

this is a bargain, and very handy in the winter. I took Tim there on Sunday and we lunged him, put a saddle on him, and he was so calm about it we decided (well Bill did) that it was time I got on him!

So I first put my foot in the stirrup and leaned on the saddle for a second and got down.
there was no bad reaction, so I did it again and leant over him for a minute or two.
Bill said that was enough for the day and that he had been brilliant.

So he got a carrot when he got home for being so good.

And Tonight I put the saddle on him at home, and with the help of Rob, I went through the routine again, but this time I sat up on him. I sat there for 2 minutes, and he was so good.

His ears were twitching - he was probably thinking what you doing up there mum?

so I hope its a nice night tomorrow as I plan on sitting on him while Rob leads him around the yard.

Sorry no photos, but I didn't have anyone to take them!

I am so proud of him, he got an Apple tonight

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home