Our BIG move

This is my diary of our new life in New Zealand up to 2011 when we moved to QLD to be near our grandchildren...

Thursday, January 28, 2010

highs and lows - Jan 2010

well what a rough start to the new year!

Christmas/New Year was over, and I had to work over the stat holidays due to problems at work.
then on Wednesday the 6th Jan, my boss called me into his office while I was on break to chat about something....

"I'm making you redundant"

What a bolt out of the blue - shocked was an understatement!

I was very upset - and suffice to say I went back to my desk...deleted emails/files not pertaining to work. The Production staff who were on shift at the time were astounded and were saying to me..."who's going to fix the system when it goes wrong, your the only one who knows how??" - I replied apparently the admin assistant will be doing it, as part of her role will now be done by head office. (yep - my job wasn't redundant really) so I said some hurried goodbyes to the guys and went home to break the bad news to Rob

AND I NEVER WENT BACK! so it was a good job I did delete all that stuff!

Lawyers were contacted... and 3 weeks later after them offering me my job back (only so they could make me redundant in the correct manner) they have settled a pay out that is acceptable to me.

but I am not allowed to talk about it so thats all I can say.

On the Thursday the 7th another catastrophe happened...Jasmine cleaved the flesh off her right rear fetlock joint, down to the bone!

I stood at the vets while they discussed how much it would cost to get her better...if she was going to get better and rawed my eyes out, I was a total mess!

eventually the vet and the nurse calmed me down with tea and biscuits (well I had gone straight there at 8.30am without breakfast) the bone was not chiped and the capsule that covers the joint was intact, so all the damage was to the ligament - a hole about the size of a 10 pence piece, or 20 cents, and muscle and flesh damage, and the vet said Jasmine was turning out to be such a great trek horse it was a shame to put her down...she said we could work out the bill later (and I still don't know how much its going to cost me!)

She spent 4 days in the vets, on intensive drug treatment, then I was allowed for her to come home after her 2nd bandage change, she is stabled, but she needed to be taken back every 3 days for a bandage change.

the wound is healing nicely (vet terms - it looks gruesome to me)

I have now started to change the bandages myself, to lessen the cost, tonight was the first time and although she didn't behave as good as she did at the vets, she was good and I managed to get it done.

I am now at home applying for jobs, so hopefully things will change for the better.

So thats Jan so far! not that great hey!!!

your wondering what the High's were... well see next post :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home