Our BIG move

This is my diary of our new life in New Zealand up to 2011 when we moved to QLD to be near our grandchildren...

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Tims first ride at Sandy Point

With the continuation of Tim's training after the successful first backing last weekend,
and the progress on Tuesday, I sat on his back on Thursday, & then Rob lead him around our yard.

He didnt do a thing wrong and was very calm, he got 2 apples as a reward.

Things are progressing nicely.

Yesterday I took him to a training day at the equestrian centre at Sandy Point. I took him to get used to being around other horses and to get used to being tied up at the box.
While I rode Jasmine, he whinnyed for a while but was fairly well behaved, he soon settled down.
After I had rode Jasmine, I lunged him, then got on his back again and we rode around for a while, with Rachel leading him on a lead rope on his head collar.

He was very good, so I said I was going to take him out with Jester, Rachel thought he would be fine with a short ride.

He was very calm, he was following Jesterdale, we went through the woods along a little track that twists around the trees, it was good for him to consentrate where he was putting his feet, and also gave me the opportunity to use the aids to turn him so he got used to what they mean.

we went to the carpark near the beach and then turned back for the float.

he passed 2 cars, and a bunch of people & kids cutting up fallen trees, and never put a foot wrong. We also had a moving car pass us, which he ignored also.

So he gets an A++ for today, and another apple! Next weekend I am taking him to the RDA and I will ride him in the arena, I have a dressage test to practice for Sunday on Jasmine also.

here is a photo of Tim, its not a great one, but thats because Rob took it...I'm the david bailey in our family!




Next week I have a dressage test on Jasmine... and Rachel hasn't even given me the test to learn yet! Oh an the other good news is the weathers getting warmer, and the nights are getting lighter, so Spring is on the way!!! YES!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home