Our BIG move

This is my diary of our new life in New Zealand up to 2011 when we moved to QLD to be near our grandchildren...

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Temporary work....

well due to the unexpected events of the 6th & 7th, I was told about some work going at the fish factory in Bluff, so I went down and asked for a job.

:p

I know...fish YUK!

BUT it was Salmon...they don't stink as much... YOU still stink after 8+ hrs - but the smell isn't that bad while your working.

the actual job was "spooning" which means you use a spoon to remove all the remaining blood and guts in the fish. IT IS HARD WORK!

I will never look at a salmon again and not think of those girls working their guts out (pardon the pun) for $12.50.

Its so hard a job that my arms are killing me after 2 weeks so tomorrow is my last day.

I have baked a cake to say thanks for making me feel welcome, it was what I needed after the way Open Country treated me.

oh well - better get job hunting...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home