Our BIG move

This is my diary of our new life in New Zealand up to 2011 when we moved to QLD to be near our grandchildren...

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Visitors from Spain...meet up with my family

My mum and dad drove from Spain in their mobile home, and while they were visiting we met up with my sister and we went for a pub meal in the sunshine.

The van has all mod cons, a home away from home for them.

Jus proudly showed off her 'Bump'




Ah... a lovely sunny day (yes they actually happen sometimes in the UK)

Jus proudly shows off 'Bump' - the maternity clothes are much trendier now - I cringe about what I wore!..... 20 odd years ago...

Mum Dad and Jus enjoying a cold drink before lunch was served


Rob and I went to Lincoln for the day with mum & Dad - for a trip dow n memory lane....




we went for 'high tea' at the cafe I used to go to with my nana and her sister, the smell of coffee
just took me back to being a kid, the building is a very old Stokes High Bridge Cafe
I used to save my crusts to feed the swans.
the back view



down the narrow side passage to the front of the buildings

the front view.Dad outside the loo's - nice period door signs arn't they! (I couldn't tell which were the ladies or gents)
Tea and scones I think...

We also went to a park in the city, shame the noise of the traffic is always constant - it would have been a nice peaceful walk (I have been spoilt by the quietness of the NZ parks I think)
Nice Mews....
ah a nice greasy cafe.... Bacon butty please


the ducks were having a nice time.

Mum & dad are coming to New Zealand at Christmas, so I will have to take them to see the parks here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home