Our BIG move

This is my diary of our new life in New Zealand up to 2011 when we moved to QLD to be near our grandchildren...

Sunday, November 04, 2007

BBQ at the Woolshed...

hi folks,
I have had a good weekend for a change - booked our tickets to rach's wedding next yr, & we got invited over to the woolshed at the deer farm where they were tailing the lambs (didn't do that - as I was in town)

oh I got the wedding outfit too (well its on layby, as its raw silk designer $$$) well I fly out in Apri - plenty of time to pay it off in $10 installments

after the last few weeks it was nice to relax and let our hair down although I just couldnt get Jason to join us...oh well.


so after the BBQ & I dragged rob home - after we'd arranged to go on a ride the next day......

I got the farrier out first thing to shoe Harry, then I cooked brekie for the sleepyhead!

Rob woke up around 12noon, but I gave him a big fryup and he was all set for his first rough country terrain Trek.... and for a novice rider who had a bad fall the other month he did great..

this is when we had a beer break....


I took the young horse Harry - don't think he'd ever seen hills before - and he got a bit frightened when he had to go down a steep hill, but he did smashing!



we had to get to the beach from the top of a steep hill - we went on foot for safety reasons,

and since the weathermen got it wrong again!!! we had a sunny jolly ride - more BBQ on return, then I had to go home and sort out for work tomorrow...YUK! I'd rather be getting the next lot of sheep up for tailing!!!!


Thats Stewart Island in the back ground.

whats that I hear.... RAIN, well thats just how I like it, Sunny all day and Rain to water the garden and fill the tank while I sleep...

Night All

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home